Learning Outcomes and Assessment in Service-Learning Courses
This workshop will focus on common service-learning course learning outcomes, as well as how to adapt current outcomes to incorporate service-learning as a vehicle for promoting those outcomes. Critical reflection and analyzing exercises (e.g., journaling, papers, discussion topics, etc.) will be reviewed, as well as specific service-learning tools for promoting connections between service experiences and learning outcomes/course material for both in- and out- of class activities.
This is the third workshop in a series of three related to service-learning.
- Participants will demonstrate awareness of how to create learning outcomes and assessment in service-learning courses.
- Participants will be able to create appropriate learning outcomes and assessment for service-learning courses.
- Participants will be able to identify potential tools, exercises, and/or resources needed to teach service-learning courses.
- Category: Pedagogy
- Type: Discussion Forum
- Date: Tuesday, December 4, 2012
- Time: 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- Location: 212 Capen Hall, North Campus
- Reasonable Accommodations: If you require reasonable accommodations to participate in this workshop, please contact the Teaching & Learning Center (email@example.com, 716-645-7700) as soon as possible.