This collection of resources covers a wide variety of topics related to teaching and learning. If you have suggestions for resources that should be added to this list, please contact the TLC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Strategies for Research Papers
by Robert Harris
- Center for Academic Integrity
- Cheating 101: Paper Mills and You
- Plagiarism Detection Services
by Renoir Gaither, University of Michigan
- Plagiarism in Colleges in USA
by Ronald B. Standler (2000)
Academic Integrity in the Classroom
by Deborah Meizlish
- Tips for Handling Technology Enhanced Cheating TLT/SUNY
- Thoughts on Teaching
MSU Teaching Assistant Program
- A Survey on Academic Incivility at Indiana University
- Encouraging Civil Behavior in Large Classes
Essays on Teaching Excellence: Toward the Best in the Academy, The Professional & Organizational Development Network in Higher Education, Vol. 15, No. 8, 2003-2004
- UBclicks website
- UBclicks Resources
- Classroom Response Systems
Center for Teaching, Vanderbilt University
- 7 Things You
Should Know About...Clickers
Educause Learning Initiative
- Principles for Constructing Good Clicker Questions: Going Beyond Rote Learning and Stimulating Active Engagement with Course Content
Roberta (Robin) Sullivan, University at Buffalo, Journal of Educational Technology Systems
- Creating a
Tools for Teaching, Barbara Gross Davis, University of California, Berkeley
Web: An Interactive Resource Hub for Higher Education
American Association of Colleges and Universities
- Multicultural Teaching
Center for Research on Learning and Teaching, University of Michigan
- Ayres, Brenda and Phillip Gibbs, Teaching English in the Two-Year College, December 1997, 326-332.
- Cowan, Michael A., Barbara C. Ewell, and Peggy McConnell, Creating Conversations: An Experiment in Interdisciplinary Team Teaching, College Teaching, 43:4, 127-131.
- Davis, James R. Interdisciplinary Courses and Team Teaching, American Council on Education/Oryx Press, 1995.
- Lattuca, Lisa, Creating Interdisciplinarity: Interdisciplinary Research and Teaching Among College and University Faculty, Vanderbilt University Press, 2001.
- Wineburg, Sam and Pam Grossman, eds., Interdisciplinary Curriculum: Challenges to Implementation, Teachers College Press, 2000.
to Teach the Large Lecture Course
Tools for Teaching, University of California at Berkeley
Learning and Learning Styles
- Focus on Learning: Handouts, presentations, articles, and more...
Carol Tutzauer, UB Teaching & Learning Center
- Index of Learning
Barbara A. Soloman and Richard M. Felder, North Carolina State University
- Learning Styles and
by Elizabeth Bogod, Vancouver Island Invisible Disabilities Association
- Seven Principles of Effective Teaching: A Practical Lens for Evaluating Online Courses
by Charles Graham, Kursat Cagiltay, Byung-Ro Lim, Joni Craner, and Thomas M. Duffy
- Evaluation of Evidence-Based Practices in Online Learning
A Meta-Analysis and Review of Online Learning Studies (US Department of Education)
- Problem Based Learning
University at Delaware
Scholarship of Teaching
- Carnegie Academy for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
(CASTL Higher Education)
- How People Learn:
Brain, Mind, Experience, and School
(1999), Commission on Behavioral and Social Sciences and Education, National Academy Press.
Categories in the Taxonomy of Educational Objectives